Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Garrison Brent Childs

Friday, July 18, 2008
October 28th 1985- July 2nd 2008
On July 2nd I lost one of my best friends. As many may already know Gar passed away peacefully at his home in Utah. He and I have been best friends for quite some time and we dated for just under two years. Gar had a wonderfully large heart and he truely taught me the meaning of unconditonal love.
He battled a long, hard fight with Bi-polar disorder and now he is free from all of the confines of that horrible mental illness. Even with all the ups and downs he faced he had a wonderful smile and laugh that could light up the room.
Gar was the type of person that wanted to help everyone. He always put others before his self and took time to show he cared. I will never forget the amazing times we had whether we were camping in New Hampshire or going to Troys (our favorite resturant) we always had a fun time. I will never forget these memories and I will forever be thankful for all he taught me.
In the time I knew him we became extremely close and no one will ever be able to fill the void he left but I luckily feel peace knowing he is in a much better place and is no longer suffering.
Because of the graciousness of his wonderful family my mom and I were able to fly out for the viewing and funeral. Both of which brought both closure and peace. A part of my heart is now in Heaven and I find peace in the fact that one day we will meet again.

I love you garrison!

0 comments to Garrison Brent Childs: