Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

New Ideas

Monday, August 25, 2008
I'm going to change my blog up a bit.

Instead of writing the traditional way I am going to start writing letters. To anyone and anything. I find I can express my feelings much better that way. Plus I have a feeling it will help me to write more often. This may also help me get over the idea that each post has to have pictures. So here goes...

Dear Summer,

This summer has brought with it its fair share of tears and heartache. I surely have grown quite a bit since the end of last semester. I know God put these trials in my life for a reason. I know now with the closing of summer I am now able to close that chapter in my life and open a new one. I am starting a new semester at school with plenty to learn and keep me busy. My summer went super fast but I had plenty of time to relfect and feel all the grief that I was dealt. I learned alot about myself, my strength, my family, my friends. I bonded on a new level with many close friends and family members.

A counselor once told me that I need to learn to "suffer a loss." Well this summer has surely put alot of loss in my path. But I have learned, I have grown, I have suffered the loss. As much as I miss Gar and Mimi every single day I know that what I have gone through in this past summer has changed me as a person. Learning something from the most difficult of situations helps to heal a wounded soul, sew up a broken heart and ultimately move on.

So in short. Summer you have been a huge learning experience for me. Beyond all the loss I suffered I also became a CNA (and passed my state test!!), got to spend two amazing, happy, fun-filled weeks with my sister and two nieces, worked alot, and made plenty of new friends. So as much as it sounds I had such a terrible summer I didn't. Summer you treated me well you proved to me even as hard and difficult as certain days may be the sun always rises the next morning to remind you "life will go on."

Until next time.

xoxoxo
Jamie

0 comments to New Ideas: