Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

the good & the bad.

Thursday, January 7, 2010
Well no, I haven’t fallen off the face of the blogging world. Thanks for asking!


As I am sure most of you know...life always comes with good times and bad times.


I’ll start with the good:

The new year came and went. M, J, CB and I all traveled to bean town the new years’ eve eve. We came back home the new years eve. Boston was a blast. We walked around the city, ate dinner at the Hard Rock Café and then spent the evening relaxing at the hotel. We got up early the next day, got breakfast and then hit the road because quite a large snow storm was rolling in. As it was our drive home was  a wee bit dicey. Luckily we all made it home in one piece. We had planned on spending new years eve in the city but you know how the best laid plans go…


So instead we decided to go out for a delicious dinner at a fancy Italian restaurant. It was delicious! Then we spent some time at our friend S's house. And finally ended our night at my house with a sleep over.



us girls on New Years Eve :) 
____________________________________________________________

I’m blogging from the Nashville airport, you got that right…

Mom, P & I are all on our way to see my sister and company. It will be fantastic. Albeit it’s cold here and there is forecasted snow for Thursday, go figure. We head south and the snow follows! That’s alright, we’re used to it. I am beyond excited to see my sister, the girls and my brother-in-law. My niece, CG, is psyched for us to get there! She told my mom the other day on the phone, “Mem, you are going to be here in not one not two but THREE DAYS!” My mom said the excitement in her voice was adorable. I can’t wait. I haven’t seen them since June….its been too long!



____________________________________________________________


And now for the bad:

My best friend,M, whom I’ve mentioned on and off here on my blog has a very sick mom. Her mom suffers from alcoholism and it has been a constant struggle from both ends. Unfortunately, she has ended up in the hospital. Without giving away too many personal details it’ll suffice to say she is very sick.

It is very difficult for me to not only see her mom as sick as she is but to also see M so completely heartbroken. Mostly because I happen to know what she is going through. Having a parent very sick is a very difficult to deal with. It is your duty, as a child,  to care for your parents but being young adults we also have our own lives. It’s difficult to strike a balance. I have been trying to guide her; making sure she eats, sleeps and asks all the necessary questions. One good thing is (if you could say there is even a “good” in this situation) her mom is on the same floor in the hospital where I did my clinicals. All (well, most) nurses and pca’s recognize me and are more than willing to go out of the way for M and her family, not to mention they let me help out a bit with the simple tasks, like helping her to the bathroom. It works out well and I’m thankful she is on that floor.

It was a difficult decision for me to decide to leave M and her family and visit my sister. But, I felt as though this is where I have to be. If things go “south” (so to speak) quickly then I’ll be on the next plane home. But in the meantime, as she is stable, I will try my hardest to go about enjoying this trip. We need this family time.

Please, as you go about your day today, take some time to pray for my friend’s mom. She really needs prayers.

So as 2010 sets in there is both good and bad, but such is life.

By the way... No worries here, I have some new year’s posts in the works chocked full of new years goals and aspirations! Plus some great posts with absolutely adorable pictures of my two (favorite!) girls! Just hang in there and bear with me!

1 comments to the good & the bad.:

Anonymous said...

I just happened across your blog. Im sorry for your friends mother. I am an Alcoholic as well and have been blogging about it just recently of what I have gone thru. Kind of amazing I came across this today. It keeps me sober another day and knowing I am making the right choices. Many prayers for her and her family.