Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Christmas with Jesus

Friday, December 25, 2009
This Christmas is a bit more difficult than others. This is the first Christmas without my Dad. Believe me, I know he is in a better place. I am thankful for that. I am thankful he is painless. I know he is here in spirit, believe me, I feel him often. I know he will always be watching from above and constantly looking out for my family and I. It doesn’t negate the difficulty in not having him here with us in person. It’s just different.

My mom actually put this poem in our stockings last year. We were celebrating Christmas without my Mimi for the first time. In no way did I imagine this year this poem would give me comfort in the loss of my Dad. I hope this poem will give someone else going through the same feeling of loss during this holiday season, as it did for my family and I.

Merry Christmas From Heaven
I still hear the songs,
I still see the lights

I still feel your love on cold wintery nights

I still share your hopes and all of your cares
I’ll even remind you to please say your prayers

I just want to tell you, You still make me proud
You stand head and shoulders above all the crowd

Keep trying each moment, to stay in His grace
I came here before you to help set your place

You don’t have to be perfect all of the time
He forgives you the slip, If you continue the climb

To my family and friends,
Please be thankful today
I’m still close beside you,
In a new special way

I love you all dearly,
Now don’t shed a tear
Cause I’m spending my
Christmas with Jesus this year.
-John Wm. Mooney, Jr,

This Christmas is different, and that’s okay. Life changes and evolves. I am so grateful for all of the Christmases that I was able to spend with my Dad. I will take comfort in the fact that he is spending Christmas with Jesus this year.

Merry Christmas All! Cherish all of your time with your family and loved ones! 


Happy Birthday Jesus!

0 comments to Christmas with Jesus: